For Sale: Voyager Sig. Ed. #82

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
martin

Post by martin » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 pm

I'm keeping mine. Way better than selling it for peanutz. It was too expensive to let it go for half price.
8)

Elgee Noro

Post by Elgee Noro » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:02 am

Dear Kevin, Martin and to all the others who want to sell their "loved-ones".

Once upon a time you went for it, you wanted to have the thing and now selling it ?

.... Why ???

Is it the money you might need, is it that you don't like the sound of it ?
Do you need more space for other things you might want to have and wil be selling too, again ?

Sell it and within the year you regret what you did and will try to get another one.

martin

Post by martin » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:30 am

the main reason for me to consider selling it:

- too much time spent dealing with the why's and how's in regards to technical issues and problems and repairs in comparison with the time spent actually enjoying the unit
- too many features i don't need or use (touchscreen, potmapping)
- too many peripherals necessary to maintain it (manual is utterly useless; without these forums, i would have been lost in space), need breakoutbox, a pc for updates, expensive midi-usb cable, software for transferring OS. i am oldskool, not into computers. so yuck that.
- overall, fun-wise (i mean by sheer playability) not quite as inspiring as my fantom xa which has meshuggene sitar sounds that turns me into a guru in a heartbeat, sampling, an arpeggiator, funky drums, cool sounding oscillators and all sorts of fun stuff, or even my ex-rogue which blasted me into mars orbit. i am amazed i'd say this, but that's how i feel. yeah, the voyager isn't *fun*. it's like a chrushtchev. i want a seinfeld.

on the plus side, and this is the reason i am keeping it:
- the sound is beautiful

if you think you'd have to sell it for half price, that hurts.

if moog would bring us a smaller synth i'd probably want it. but i'd wait until the initial bugs are ironed out.

Kevin Bowden

Post by Kevin Bowden » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:23 pm

Reason for sale: Divorce

Moving from LARGE house with dedicated music room to tiny studio flat.

Need to be brutally practical - my fully loaded Triton Pro X gives me all the basics that I need in order to express my creativity via electronic sound creation/synthesis.

Anyway, a keyboard is a luxury to someone who 'got into this' at the age of 6 by jamming a fork into the guts of a Mullard transistorised radio to see what sounds could be coaxed out of it.

monads

Post by monads » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:40 pm

martin wrote:the main reason for me to consider selling it:

- too much time spent dealing with the why's and how's in regards to technical issues and problems and repairs in comparison with the time spent actually enjoying the unit
- too many features i don't need or use (touchscreen, potmapping)
- too many peripherals necessary to maintain it (manual is utterly useless; without these forums, i would have been lost in space), need breakoutbox, a pc for updates, expensive midi-usb cable, software for transferring OS. i am oldskool, not into computers. so yuck that.
- overall, fun-wise (i mean by sheer playability) not quite as inspiring as my fantom xa which has meshuggene sitar sounds that turns me into a guru in a heartbeat, sampling, an arpeggiator, funky drums, cool sounding oscillators and all sorts of fun stuff, or even my ex-rogue which blasted me into mars orbit. i am amazed i'd say this, but that's how i feel. yeah, the voyager isn't *fun*. it's like a chrushtchev. i want a seinfeld.
How dare you say those things about the Voyager! Just kidding, I honestly don't find the Voya as fun as playing with my Cwejman S1 Mk2. Yea, I can't save my patches, but I don't have to worry about OS updates. I don't even have to use the onboard Midi/CV converter. And it's fun patching those cables.

And sorry to hear of your split KB.

sundaeclubber

Post by sundaeclubber » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:58 pm

Considering a Voyager.

Any other UK domiciled 240v machines for sale? Signature would be nice. Sorry I missed this one, sorry to hear the reason for sale..

SCx
Sundae Club* http://www.s-club.co.uk
Moog-Filled Album "TECHNOSTALGIA"
from
http://www.cdbaby.com/sundaeclub
and in your local iTunes store

http://www.myspace.com/sundaeclub