My Customer Service Experience with Moog

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

My Customer Service Experience with Moog

Post by EricK » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:36 pm

For those of you out there who are new to Moog Music and its products, i got to tell you guys that I don' t think that there are too many other companies like this one.

I have been fascinated with Moog products ever since i was a young boy. My oldest memories were my father getting airplane sounds out of te MicroMoog that i now take great care of.

I have been dreaming of owning more Moog products and I finally was able to get to the point where i could purchase a voyager.

On another thread I posted about how it came out of the box with a chip.

Since then they have totally made me realize exactly why their products are so special.

Most people love a brand name like Fender. They might get a licence plate made or a leather jacket that they wear around. They Might own 100 Fender Guitars.

Very few of them got to talk with Leo Fender.

I never had the fortune to engage in a conversation with him to let him know how grateful that i am that I had the opportunity to own his products. I got a tiny email from him telling me that the 88 key polyphonic synth with the modular capabillities "wasnt the direction that he wanted to go" hahahah!

I wrote an album for him that I didn't ever get to send him because I didn't find out that he was ill for a long time. Id still love to send that dedication to him to his family.

WHat makes this company so special is that i have had people from all levels of management contact me since I recieved a damaged product to make sure that I was happy. I am sure that if Bob Moog was alive he probably woudl have contacted me to see that I was satisfied with the handling of my special case.

I want to extend a personal thank you to the people at Moog for being patient with me.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:12 am

I haven't purchased anything big from moog (yet), but when i needed some replacement knobs they were very helpful in trying to find me the right ones... and willing to take measurements and all. I thought that was pretty cool of them. Moog team rules!

Sambeaux

Post by Sambeaux » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:05 pm

I had a really amazing customer service experience with this company. They're responsible, competent, and efficient. It is truly rare to deal with a company that seems to care more about maintaining quality than raising quantity.

Check out this thread about my Voyager issues:
http://moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2502
www.forcetheory.com

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon May 01, 2006 6:49 am

blogGreen88 is a loser and eats spaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm for every meal.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

cpt nevo

exp on mix?

Post by cpt nevo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:54 pm

would you be able to achieve that with an exp pedal on the mix, bringing the wet signal in/out gradually?

cpt nevo

oops! wrong thread

Post by cpt nevo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:59 pm

pardon me.