Phatty's buttons

Everything Phatty.
janus

Phatty's buttons

Post by janus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:16 pm

I have just received my Little Phatty and i am very happy with the overall sound so far. However, I have some complaints against the rubberlike little buttons on the panel. They do not respond very well, sometimes I have to press a second time to trigger a function, or I have to press harder to trigger. The LEDs next to the buttons (they are actually no LEDS mounted on the panel, there's a kind of rubber stuff at the top of the LEDs) are moving a little bit when I press a little bit harder, seems that the whole construction of LEDs and Button is moving. :roll:

I do not get the impression that these buttons will stay a lifetime, but perhaps I'm wrong. What about your buttons. Do they respond well ?

greetings
Volker

Fontane

Post by Fontane » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 pm

I kinda like them. They feel durable and allow me to kinda tap them a bit hard without feeling like i may bust them. So far, the buttons respond quite well for me.
"Welcome to the Drt" Now Available on BeatPort.com
Official Site: www.postpopmusic.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/shanefontane

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:03 am

Volker, everything seems to be moving a bit when you press the buttons because all of the buttons and the LED sections are molded together, it is a big flexible rubber sheet called a switch mat. The LEDs are actually on the circuit board and the light is brought up to the panel using clear "light pipe" material, which is what you are seeing on the surface. The switch mat is a very durable industrial product; they are used on all kinds of serious machines and should last for a long time. :)

Fontane

Post by Fontane » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:10 am

industrial phatty
"Welcome to the Drt" Now Available on BeatPort.com
Official Site: www.postpopmusic.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/shanefontane