1.03 is here for Tribute

Everything Phatty.
cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Ah! No luck, still! I've changed the midi output settings, trying all sorts of different ones, and I'm still getting the original "Stage 1 error cycle power" screen. Any more ideas, before I go psycho? I'm using MIDI-OX and a Midisport UNO
Moog LP TE

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 pm

I am away from my LP and the new OS guide that I printed up, so forgive me if this is way off base.

I seem to recollect seeing in the new OS instructions that if you got that "Stage 1 Error" message you have to change a buffer in the LP. Check out the page on installing the new OS and read it closely. If I remember correctly, you will see this problem addressed.

On the other hand, I could be completely off base on this, so forgive me if I am wrong.
Thanks Bob!!

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:20 pm

the buffer dealy-o is within MidiOx. If you don't have access to a different MIDI interface, try standing on your head... no wait, I mean hang in there until tomorrow, when I can send you a custom LP-OS-installing .exe file (executable program). I promise it's not a virus. :D The programmer of the OS wrote a little utility that will install the OS using your MIDI hardware, with no 3rd-party software required.

If anyone else is totally unable to get MIDI-Ox working, email techsupport at moogmusic.com and tell me about it. I will hook you up.

Cheers,

Amos

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Thanks Amos, I appreciate all the help; I guess the Little Phatty isn't completely idiot proof (me being a prime example)
Moog LP TE

Dubchild

Post by Dubchild » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:58 pm

Is anyone else having this problem after they load OS 1.03TB?--- When you play the middle "C" key with no octave buttons lit, Osc. #1 set at 16' plays a high pitched sine wave sound, only the the middle "C" key and only when Osc.#1 is set to '16 regardless of wave setting and when no octave buttons are lit. ---
I load 1.02d back in and everything is fine, but everytime I load 1.03TB I get this problem

Thanks,
Chris

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:25 pm

High Chris,

It's one of two things; either you forgot to do a FACTORY RESTORE after loading 1.03,
or there is a bunk value in the tuning lookup table in the new OS for some reason. I recommend you leave the synth on and in a stable-temperature environment, and let it run a NOTE CALIBRATION overnight. Afterwards run the OSC2 and PW AMOUNT calibrations as well, but a full note cal should fix the problem.
Post back and let us know!

-Amos

Dubchild

Post by Dubchild » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi Amos,
I followed the instructions to a "T" and did a factory restore. I'll try a Note Calibration and post back later.
Thanks,
Chris

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:47 pm

Amos wrote:If you don't load the factory defaults after performing the OS update, Random Funky Stuff could happen.

I don't recommend skipping this step.
What it does in the main part is make sure that every new parameter that did not previously exist under the old OS, is properly loaded with a sensible value. If you don't do this, the OS will act flaky if it encounters a non-initialized memory location or invalid parameter value.
Tks Amos! Before I loaded the factory defaults after the update, a few weird things did indeed happen. Most notably was the CA preset didn't sound at all & when I touched a knob, the Preset LED turned RED instead of purple. T'was scary! heh

<chant> do as Amos tells ye.. do as Amos tells ye.. </chant>
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Dubchild

Post by Dubchild » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:28 pm

I left the LP on for 2 hours in my 72 degree house then did the Note calibration, which was successful, then did the PW calibration, which was successful, then the Osc.2 Freq. calibration which was successful AND... still getting the high pitched sine wave sound on Osc.1 16' on middle "C" with no octave buttons lit .
What to do...
OS 1.02d works fine.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:45 am

Hmm Dubchild, that is definitely odd. I am discussing with the OS programming team now. It sounds to me like there is still something off about the note lookup table, if every other note and octave setting is working correctly. More news to follow... check your email

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:30 am

I have been uable to reproduce the "middle C" scenario...seems all is ok...i went thru all the new patches etc. awesome upgrade...as is often with software upgrades...there may be a few bugs surface in time.

Assar

Post by Assar » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:13 am

Dubchild wrote:I left the LP on for 2 hours in my 72 degree house then did the Note calibration, which was successful, then did the PW calibration, which was successful, then the Osc.2 Freq. calibration which was successful AND... still getting the high pitched sine wave sound on Osc.1 16' on middle "C" with no octave buttons lit .
What to do...
OS 1.02d works fine.
I had *exactly* the same problem even though I DID the Factory reset after installing.

I read in the manual that calibration should be done in the following order:
1. pitch bend wheel calibration
2. note calibration
3. OSC2 calibration

... so I did.

After that the problem was gone.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Dubchild

Post by Dubchild » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:17 pm

Everything is perfecto now! I had to play a few keys when starting the note calibration to make the oscillators sound while calibration was working.
As always, Amos has gone above and beyond my expectations of what a musical instrument company's support should be!!!
Thanks,
Chris

burdboy

Post by burdboy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Did anyone get the .exe from Amos? He said he was going to get it to me today and no word from him. I am sitting here with an unusable tribute! If someone did get it, could you please send it my way? I'd owe you big time!!My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Adam

stakkt

Post by stakkt » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:28 pm

Updated in less than a minute with no problems. Feels like I have a brand new synth. Huge thanks to the team for a great update.

DAS.
DAS.