Moogerfoogers in action

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
calvinistsandlutherans

Moogerfoogers in action

Post by calvinistsandlutherans » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi all! I've been a lurker for years, finally posting...

I have an example of a Voyager and a couple of foogers in action that I thought might be interesting for those wondering what these things can do. Visit this page:

www.myspace.com/ursamajorandminor

and listen to the song Andre Rison.

At 1:32 you'll hear a rather cool sound. I'll explain what it is (this probably won't be too interesting for experienced folks, but for newbies it might be thought provoking).

So! It's a guitar running through a Freq Box running through a Low Pass Filter. So far so simple. The fun starts when you add a Voyager and a VX-351. What I did was write a simple MIDI arpreggio in the Protools session (four notes going up and down over a couple of octaves, which notes aren't really important) and had Protools control my Voyager. Then I sent the pitch CV from the Voyager (playing the semi-random arpeggio in time with the song) to control the Filter Cutoff on the Low Pass Filter. This I panned hard left. Then I recorded it again, but changed the Cutoff value a bit and panned that hard right for an imperfect stereo image. This is just an example, but of course you could use the same technique to control a ring mod frequency in time with your song, drive the MURF gate or whatever.

Hopefully this is useful to somebody, happy patching!

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:34 pm

Nice track.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:32 am

great little pop tunes :D i like it

Nick2012

Post by Nick2012 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 pm

What you did with the guitar on that track is fantastic! It's a great example of using the awesome processing power of the Voyager, without being cliche or in-your-face. I also like all your other songs. Your musical style is right up my alley. I'll have to go to the label and make a couple purchases : )

strata189

Post by strata189 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Nice song - cool effects!

Randall
http://www.myspace.com/randallprentice

earsmack

Post by earsmack » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:57 pm

As the others have said - good tunes and nice technique. Good work!
Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition + LP Stage II + Sub37 + Model D reissue + CP-251 + VX-351

calvinistsandlutherans

!

Post by calvinistsandlutherans » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:53 am

Thanks all for the kind words, they are much appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed the music. I'll post some other examples of interesting things in the future.

markom89

Post by markom89 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Hey,

AWSOME tracks. I'm totally 100000% into that stuff.
Do you ever make it out to Toronto? I'd love to jam out some material with you and possibly write some stuff together, if you'd be down for it. My pirmary thing is guitar w/ lots of effects and stuff, and keys.
PM me if youd' be interested... I'd really like to do something.