Polymoog 3-Band Resonator for Sale/Auction

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
patobrujo

Post by patobrujo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Thanx for the vid!! that thing sounds great really!

i like your studio and the coffee table :)

thanx again
..::PATOBRUJO::..

THM

Post by THM » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Looks & sounds very attractive !!
Mr. Elhardt, is the auction still open, and if so what's the current bidding price ? I'd be very interested...
Cheers,
- THM -
http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 pm

+1 on the video demo.

Nice unit.. looks like it could satisfy my craving for the Vermona Crossfilter.

How much $?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Based on questions to me, it appears that people haven't bothered read the very first post in this thread where I give all the details in including price, or should I say, starting bid at $550. That's the price I was going to sell it at if I just put it up for sale. But that would mean, if it gets snapped up immediately, then nobody else would have a shot at it, since there's only one of these things. So that's why I decided I'll put it up starting at $550, and let people bid up from there if they want it more than the last guy. So far I've gotten two people email me who seem to indicate they want to buy it, but what I was expecting / hoping for, was that they would make a post to this thread saying something like, I'll bid $550. And then if somebody wants it more, they'll post saying they'll bid $560. I figured it couldn't go on too long, and I would come back in a week after people battled it out, and it would go to the winner. If that doesn't start happening soon, then I'll contact people in the order of a 1st come, 1st chance to buy it kind of thing.

A link to Matrixsynth's blog in my first post shows all the photos and what it comes with.

To CTRLSHFT: I'm not trying "again". This is my first time. I may have mentioned that I was going to sell it, but never actually went through with it. Yes, it is a great unit, and I've delayed for many months because I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell it, but I have bought so many different kinds of filters for my modulars as to cover the functionality of this unit. And I'm in the mood to get rid of things and get some much needed money in here.

Thanks for your interest. And once again, be sure to read my first post.
-Ken Elhardt

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:56 am

Ken,
If you want to auction it, why not put it on ebay where the world can see it? Seems it would save the hassle of trying to figure it out on a limited membership non sales board.

JOIBO.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:00 am

thank you for the video. even though it was "thrown together" it was short and sweet and demoed it nicely. after watching i started looking around my room to see if there was anything i could sell off lol. but its a little to much for me to be spending right now, but well worth it i think. best of luck
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:00 am

Just Me: Ebay is good for well known stuff, like Arp 2600s, Minimoogs, etc. But for unusual items like this, I'm not so sure. Nobody is specifically looking for one, because one has never existed before. I figured I'd mention it on about 5 different forums and get right to the target audience. And also, some people on these forums won't bid on ebay, so that might only reduce interest.

AND NOTE: Somebody named Jay, who is not registered on the forum, put in a bid for $600. I'll contact the other person who was also interested and see what he wants to do about that. If he doesn't, nor does anybody else want to outbid that amount within the next 2 to 3 days, then it will be considered sold to Jay.

Thanks for reading,
-Ken Elhardt

THM

Post by THM » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't want to do any harm to Jay, but I'm still interested; I'll let you know maybe still tonight or at last tomorrow.

Small question: I'm located in Belgium (Europe); there's a power voltage of 220-230 V here (instead of 110 V); would that give any issues or could you change the power supply in 220/230 V before sending ? (I'm a technical dummy...)
And do you have any idea about appr. shipping costs to Europe ?

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Elhardt wrote: To CTRLSHFT: I'm not trying "again". This is my first time. I may have mentioned that I was going to sell it, but never actually went through with it. Yes, it is a great unit, and I've delayed for many months because I wasn't sure if I wanted to sell it, but I have bought so many different kinds of filters for my modulars as to cover the functionality of this unit. And I'm in the mood to get rid of things and get some much needed money in here.
I think you misunderstood me, the "again" part was referring to you previously mentioning it, not previously selling it. i was just giving you a compliment. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

THM

Post by THM » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Mr. Elhardt, please let me know if you haven't got my pm.

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:54 pm

CTRLSHFT: Okay. I don't think I misunderstood as I didn't think you thought I sold it before. I was just pointing out that I hadn't tried to sell it before. But thanks for the compliment. It looks like it will be sold off soon.

THM: I emailed you, so yes, I got your messages and see your posts here.

Just an update, the last official unconditional bid was by R. James for $650. Since he's also not a member of this forum, I'm now handling any potential additional bidding through regular email as it's faster.

-Ken Elhardt

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Okay I think that if you really want to sell it you ned to put it on ebay so people who aren't members like "Jay" who throws in a bid lets say "600" can't Make Moog forum members here unofficially bid or falsely drive up prices.

No offence but it sounds like you want to appeal to Moog lovers who are already willing to spend top dollar on rare stuff and capitalize on the types of overly inflated prices that the "Moog Name" tends to bring.

No disrespect intended, El, but put it on a properly sanctioned auction.

EricK
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 am

Hello EricK. Actually "Jay" said he used to be a member but was banned. So maybe you know him. He dropped out of bidding. But I put it on the Moog Forum because it's a piece of Moog gear basically, seemed like the target audience, and the forum can be viewed by people who aren't members. Normally I would have just told people to sign up if they want to bid, but Amos told me the registration process is slow do to they need to approve new people.

I might have mentioned above, but ebay mostly seems to be good for well known items like TR-808s, Minimoogs, etc. When somebody put a Formula Sound filter bank (designed by Bob Moog) on ebay, it didn't sell. I noticed that with a lot of less common items. And IIRC, Voltor doesn't want to use ebay, and he was the original main person interested in it. But anyway, there's only two people left, and the high bidder is THM in Belgium for $700. So there's no need to put it on ebay, because it's essentially sold to one of those last two guys. All bidders have all other bidders emails because I'm handling it directly through email now anyway. They're free to email each other if they want. But that's what's going on.

-Ken Elhardt

SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Well, I guess I am not banned anymore. But I was the "Jay" who bid $600.

Elhardt

Post by Elhardt » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Oh, it's SynthBaron Jay, the one who was also banned from the dot.com list. So secretive about your identity. Anyway, just for your interest, I had two European bidders that went back and forth via email, and they bid it up to $1200. They really wanted the thing. It's going to the UK. If I ever run across a broken down Polymoog for cheap, I'll buy it just to part it out like before and build another res box to sell.

-Ken Elhardt