MOD1 and MOD2 Switched around?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
MarkM

MOD1 and MOD2 Switched around?

Post by MarkM » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:44 am

I just bought a new Voyager AE. However, I'm a little confused. When I place an expression pedal into MOD1 on the back panel it only responds to PEDAL/ON's "On/MOD2". The opposite is true. When a pedal is placed in MOD2 on the back it will only work with the MOD Wheel bus's Mod1. Is this correct? Or is something wired wrong inside my Voyager (or mislabeled)?
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

monads

Post by monads » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:15 am

Don't think they're switched around :) Per the manual the MOD 1 input is used as the performance control for the PEDAL/ON Mod Bus. The MOD 2 Input is used for applying a modulation source to the MOD Buss.

tomgr

Post by tomgr » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:22 am

I'm a Voyager newbie, and I have found this MOD1 MOD2 stuff confusing. The way I think it is sposed to work is:

MOD1 input - performance control for Pedal/On modulation bus (expression pedal works like mod wheel)

MOD2 input - modulation source for Mod Wheel and Pedal/On modulation buses.

This appears to be how mine works, certainly how the manual reads, but I don't really understand why the source selection on the Mod Wheel bus is marked On/Mod 1. I may have missed something in the manual, but the way mine works and the way it is illustrated in the manual, MOD 2 is the input that is used as a source on both modulation busses, and MOD 1 is a performance control for the Pedal/On modulation bus.

Not sure if that helps, but that's the way mine works from what I can tell, and that's the way it seems to be described in the manual.

Thanks,
Tom

tomgr

Post by tomgr » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:26 am

monads wrote:Don't think they're switched around :) Per the manual the MOD 1 input is used as the performance control for the PEDAL/ON Mod Bus. The MOD 2 Input is used for applying a modulation source to the MOD Buss.
Missed your post before I posted, but sounds like I understand this correctly. I'm still confused why on the Mod Wheel bus, this is marked On/Mod 1 on the source selector. On the Pedal/On bus this seems marked correctly on the source swith as On/Mod 2