Would Bob have approved?

Everything Phatty.
synthpimp

Post by synthpimp » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Like others have said...the noise floor on the SE is quite low and is an improvement over the TE (TE owners got sort of a fix with an OS update). Although I do hear what you're talking about it's not any worse than some of the noise in my other feature rich analog gear when set at the same levels. Listen to a Voyager, Andromeda, Evolver, 777, Revolution, ATC-X, SE-1X, or an Omega 8 - none of them are pure to the ear.

Tweaking that "metallic" patch previously mentioned dramtically changes the timbre due to the frequency modulation and waveforms used.

kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:36 am

In my opinion it is a very different quality than just a noise floor. It's an obvious interference which could be some kind of control signal bleed through.
Tweaking that "metallic" patch previously mentioned dramtically changes the timbre due to the frequency modulation and waveforms used.
All frequencies in this patch track the keyboard, so there is normally no reason why the sound should change at a certain keyboard range. It should just go higher, nothing else.

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 am

I'm a TE owner and after the last update the background noise (not the digital one caused by the EGR scanning) was very high. Then I run all the calibrations but the note one, in the proper order, and it went away :) Maybe it can help you.

BTW, I haven't seen the MATRIX EGR switch off option per patch in the last update :(

CheeseDetective

Digital Noise

Post by CheeseDetective » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I own a TE Phatty and am very dissapointed with the noise problem. I know I can run round this problem by turning the envelope section off but for me this is not a cure. The synth cost a lot of money and shouldn;t need work arounds to deal with bad design! I've written 2 emails to Moog and have had no replies. Not the Moog I had in my thoughts. Generally pissed off, Nick