LP OS 2.00 for Stage Edition - get it here

Everything Phatty.
dave500

save as

Post by dave500 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm

I'm a PC so I right click on the link and then a drop down menu I choose Save Link As I hope this helps.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

oversee

Post by oversee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:08 am

Thanks dave500.

You make a good suggestion, but when I do the equivalent of a right click on a Mac, 'control click,' the link that I then save is the same page of garbage that comes up when I try to download it normally.

It seems to me that the firmware and stage II links for older Macs are no good. I don't think it's an issue with my comp. specifically because I can download the file for an Intel Mac. It's just that I don't have an Intel Mac.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:54 am

no it works,
i'm on G4 powerbook (don't know for the firmware i'm on TE) but

get http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ and use it to send your sysex files to your Little Phatty.

don't open sysex with double click open them via SysExLibrarian.

oversee

Post by oversee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks Haiki-ish,

But my problem isn't getting the sysex file to my LP. I've already got and have been using the Sysexlibrarian. I can't download the sysex files for the OS2.00 firmware and the LPSE II presets in the first place, and so can't add them to my sysex library yet. I can download and have added to my sysex library a backup of the stage I presets that are available in the same software tab on the Moog LP web page.

Haiku-ish, have you recently had those sysex links work for you?

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm

"crtl click" then save linked file to desktop
it works....

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:32 pm

if you get "a page of garbage" in your browser, that garbage is probably the literal sysEx data being displayed on your screen. When you are looking at this garbage, go to the file menu and choose save as; name it (something logical).syx and then import that file you saved into sysex librarian. Hope this helps.

oversee

Post by oversee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:02 pm

I suspected I was just being dense.

It was the literal sysex files that were coming up. When I tried dave500's suggestion to right-click, control click on a Mac, I didn't notice that the file was being saved with a ".syx.txt." extension.

After I got rid of the .txt extension I was able to add the update to sysexlibrarian no problem.

dave500, Haiku-ish, Amos, thank you very much.

electroestate

Amazing!

Post by electroestate » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 pm

After tinkering with the Moog last night for about 5 hours, i finally got my Midisport Uno up and running with the SysLib. I was pulling my hair out trying to find the OS.2 on the site, so thanks for posting it here on the forum. It took about 4or 5 times before it worked right. After reading similar tales here, I stayed patient. It finally worked and i did the reset required. Now its running perfectly. The new sound bank is amazing. Its like having an entirely new LP. These newer presets are much more in line with the vintage sounds. There are a few of the older sounds I miss, so I might have to buy the library manager software to put some of the old ones back in. The arp is really fun. It makes the synth so much more dynamic. Thanks Moog team for making this available.

Brandon

Lindner88

LP "Fatal Error" Keyboard Overrun - Need New Firmw

Post by Lindner88 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Just received my LP a week ago. I was learning how to use the Arp. and adjusting the filter when...guess what?

"Fatal Error Keyboard Overrun" Keyboard locked up. I had to power cycle the keyboard for it to work again. :(

I just joined the forum and I couldn't find the post I had read about yesterday. Bascially, I think I need to the new Firmware?

Amos, Can you help me?

Thanks,

new guy.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi Lindner88,

Just email me at amos (at) moogmusic (d0t) com and let me know what version of the LP you have and what firmware version it is running now... you can see the firmware version on the Master Menu, "System Utilities."

Welcome to the forum!

-Amos

ambalogic

2.0 Firmware Upgrade using Snoize on a Mac Pro

Post by ambalogic » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 am

I ran into similar issues while trying to update from the Little Phatty Editor/Librarian. I kept on getting the following error messages on my LP and it would not process past stage 1.
  • 1. Stage 1 error cycle power
    2. Send Firmware SX

After trying to restart everything in different ways I started to snoop around online and found that there are SysEx apps for Mac/PC that are free and are better suited for this type of work.

Since I am on a mac I used Snoize (http://snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/) and ran the update again. Still no luck. I started to realize that maybe the packet was being transmitted to fast so I went into the preferences and lowered the Transmit Speed to about 79% and it ran perfectly! "Not to fast, not to slow" - Outkast

I hope this is helpful for anyone who breaks their Moog on a Sunday morning like myself!

- James Forrest

Recoil101

Post by Recoil101 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:24 am

No matter what I try to do, I cannot seem to update my OS on my Stage II.

I have tried using a PC a Mac and I get the same errors all the time.

Even tried the last comment from ambalogic, downloaded the SysEx Librarian at snoize.com, set the speed to 79% and even lower, but I don't seem to get passed the Stage 1 Error - Cycle Power!!

I have tried all I think, don't have the syex file from OS 2.1 only OS 2.0, but even going back to OS 2.0 does not work.

Any help from you guys would be welcome, cuz the phatty is now useless, as it's completely dead with the message in screen SEND FIRMWARE SX - CODE ERROR 2

Hope someone can help..

Cheers, Recoil101

Recoil101

Post by Recoil101 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Amos came with some good tips and it fixed my problem in the end.... it all was a to long USB cable, and a short cable did the trick in the end.... who would have thought of that.... :?

Anyway... thanks again Amos for your help... you made my weekend fun again!

Btw people, if you experience this problem and the USB cable does not work, please do not use the update over USB but try it through your MIDI interface, that will probably solve the trick!

Recoil101

eXode

Re: LP OS 2.00 for Stage Edition - get it here

Post by eXode » Mon May 17, 2010 2:42 am

Hi,

Maybe I'm asking the obvious here but does this OS update give the Stage MK1 all the features available on the MK2 (except for the physical connections, obviously)? Cheers!

Voltor07

Re: LP OS 2.00 for Stage Edition - get it here

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 17, 2010 6:53 am

eXode wrote:Hi,

Maybe I'm asking the obvious here but does this OS update give the Stage MK1 all the features available on the MK2 (except for the physical connections, obviously)? Cheers!
Yes. I turned my Stage I into a Stage II shortly after updating the software to OS 2.00...that is, I bought the DIY hardware upgrade. :)
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.