Putting headphone output to external in

Everything Phatty.
subtle

Putting headphone output to external in

Post by subtle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 pm

When i take the calibration preset and i put the headphone output to external in, the sound doesnt get louder, in fact it gets a little lower, i dont see how that makes sense, shouldnt the output be like doubled if you put headphone out to ext in.

Could someone please explain this to me.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:57 pm

I imagine that there is some protective circuitry on the ext. in to keep silly individuals like you and me from overloading the input and frying stuff inside. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

subtle

Post by subtle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I imagine that there is some protective circuitry on the ext. in to keep silly individuals like you and me from overloading the input and frying stuff inside. :mrgreen:
Yeah most likely :mrgreen:

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 am

Why bother, there's an overload function which sounds a lot better. :D
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]

Tangsonghe

Post by Tangsonghe » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:40 am

Destructive interference?

Maskin

Post by Maskin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 pm

I've tried it when I got my first LP, it's just a distorted sound. As I mentioned before, the filter overload sounds a lot better.

I'm not sure what happens when doing this with the calibration patch though, I guess it should be a distorted sound as well but I can't tell for sure..
[size=75]"I like to play with electronic noise makers. I hope someone wants to listen, and if not, I'll still be up at 3 am making sequences in the dark, drinking coffee, and burning expensive incense." [i]Rod Modell[/i][/size]